We all see it on TV and movies and wonder, "How can I get dewy glowing skin?" Light radiates off the skin, making you look luminous, refreshed and flawless. Who wouldn't want it? We understand celebrities have makeup teams meticulously working on them, however there is a way to get that glow at home. We have been around the block, done the legwork and got our hands dirty from testers at Sephora, and we're bringing you the know-how for dewy, glowing skin:
|Makeup Forever Uplight Face Luminizer Gel|
It's no secret I'm a huge fan of Makeup Forever (remember this?). The line is geared for a flawless finish for photos, film and TV. Uplight is an oil-free luminizer gel that gives an ultra-natural glow that will last all day. They have various shades, so pick the one that matches your skin tone. I use #22.
Since I literally have my own make up counter in my bathroom (the mornings are a blast), I have a slew of illuminizing products that I will recommend in this area. I usually use one or the other, but test each out, and go with one that suits you best.
My second pick would be a relatively new one by Josie Maran. It's called Argan Illuminizer made with Argan oil which is rich in Vitamin E and essential fatty acids which have anti-aging benefits. This product is 100% organic and healthy for skin. I am currently obsessed with this product.
|MAC Fix Plus|
And lastly, when all makeup is complete, gently spray some of MAC Fix +. This refreshing spray will set your makeup into the skin while allowing any illuminizer to shine through. As the spray sets, it gets rid of any powdery finish and keeps the skin hydrated all day. Another plus, its packed with vitamins and is infused with Green-tea, chamomile and cucumber.
Here's how to apply:
- Apply moisturizer on clean skin and allow skin to soak it up.
- Apply tinted moisturizer or foundation. Feel free to apply one pump of either the Uplight or Argan Illuminizer into the moisturizer or foundation if you want an all around glow.
- For a more concentrated glow, apply your tinted moisturizer or foundation and blend.
- Take one pump of either Uplight or the Argan illuminizer and apply to upper cheekbones lightly dabbing as you move up around the sides of the eyes, and very lightly apply remnants above eyebrows for full effect.
- Lastly, dab a tiny smudge down your nose, on the top of your lips where they curve into each other, and in the curve of your chin.
- Dust on Makeup Forever's HD loose powder.
- Proceed to Bronzer and blush, and apply rest of your make up normally.
- Final touch after all makeup is complete, a few spritzes of MAC's Fix + and you will see the glow coming through as your make up sets.
Tell us, how did it all turn out? Leave a comment below to share. We hope you love the results. More extensive "how-to's" are coming soon!